Healthy home

. . No comments:
"Didi, Sonal is burning hot with fever!" I yelped as I touched the forehead of my niece Sonal when I went into her room to wake her up for the school.
With my vacations going on, I decided to spend this festive month of lohri with my sister and her family and of course the little princess of the house, Sonal, a 5 years old who is the breath of our entire clan.
My sister rushed into the room, "What... how?" she touched her forehead "Dear god!" she seemed out of words but her agitation spoke all.
"Sonal, how are you feeling?" she asked sweetly.
"Hmm.. Mommy.. it's too hot." Sonal replied in a raspy voice.
"I will get the thermometer."

Soon enough, we called the doctor and he told us not to worry, it's a viral fever which will pass soon, he prescribed the medicines and to take proper care of Sonal. 
"Stop fretting Didi, Sonal will be fine." I tried to calm my sister but it was in vain.
"She hardly sit at one place, always hopping here and there and skips her meals... you have seen her how careless she is, right! She was venting her stress so I kept rubbing her back to calm her down. 
"She doesn't even eat vegetables, no matter what I do, I disguise vegetable in her food bet her Sherlock nose finds it all!" She was throwing her hands all over “And don't get me started on milk. Not even chocolate milk." The she looked at my brother-in-law accusingly "It's your entire fault; you comply with all her wishes, never say no to her. And never scold her even when she is wrong." 
My brother-in-law was confounded with her accusation but when she started bellowing he took her in a tight hug and tried to calm. I took my leave and went to Sonal’s room.

“How are you feeling kiddo?” I asked her. It’s already afternoon and she still doesn’t look better.
“I am alright.” She asked in a small voice “Is mommy crying?”
I nodded. She pressed her lips as if she is understands, she is a very notorious kid but sometimes her little gestures makes her seem like a twenty years old girl.
“But it’s just a fever. I can still run a mile you know.” She looked so adorable trying to look all tough and strong.
“I am sure you can but she is a mother you know, it’s her job to fuss over you.” She smiled back at my statement.
“Can we play ludo?” she asked again trying to get out of the blanket.
“NO, you need to rest for a while.” Her face scrunched so I hurriedly added “we can play all the games you want once this fever passes, we will even go to the Lohri fair and have loads of fun.” I tried to sound upbeat but I know she will be agitated again in a while, staying still isn't in her system, she likes to move constantly.
“I am sleepy.” She yawned. Thank god the medicine kicked in.
“You sleep kiddo. I am right here.”

That weekend went with utter dullness, Sonal was being restless and irritated the whole time, being a kid, I don’t blame her. My sister kept fretting on Sonal’s health, My Brother-in-law tried to keep up the balance and I was trying to cheer everyone up with no positive outcome. In few days Sonal got better, bless the medicines that we finally got the brilliance of our house back and the Lohri celebration on this year saw a double enthusiasm because our home got healthy only after Sonal’s health improved.

Image source : HERE
If your kid is like Sonal, then fret not and visit : https://www.liveveda.com/daburchyawanprash/

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ COFFEE @ BOOK WORLD~

Your Travel Guide

I also scribble on:

Make a change
My other blog where I pen down short stories, Poems, articles and Random stuff...

Total Pageviews

Rating System◕‿◕

5 coffee cups- Loved it absolutely.
4 coffee cups- Liked it a lot.
3 coffee cups- Liked it.
2 coffee cups- Okay
(plus, minus).5- You are smart enough to deduce yourself :).
* STARBUCKS coffee cup- In love with it. Abso-freaking-lutely.
DISCLAIMER- If you don't like coffee, change it with your fav. drink.

Blog Archive

Wonderful Followers

Linky Friends

Your precious words

❤ ☞

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Ankita has read 7 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Ankita has completed her goal of reading 150 books in 2012!
hide

Memberships

Twitter

Registered at ©

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Protection Tool

Popular Posts

About us

Popular Posts