Review: The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

. . 7 comments:

Title: The Lost Prince
Author:
Series: The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #1
Pages:  379
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Genre: Urban fantasy/ Paranormal
Theme: fairies
Release:  October 23rd 2012
Author's website: http://www.juliekagawa.com/
Buy the Book at: Amazon / Flipkart


Don’t look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.
 That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’d dare to fall for.  

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.


THE LOST PRINCE by Julie Kagawa is the first book in the spin-off to the IRON FEY series. This takes place 12 years after the original series.

My POV  :

First of all, I want to mention that I absolutely love the Iron Fey series, The characters of her book were deep set, especially the protagonists of the story, Meghan, Ash, Puck, and of course, Grimalkin. The world of Nevernever she created was spellbinding. There was so much character development, unexpected twist and turns, and of course the romance. And I am totally obsessed with ASH.
"Oh Cat!! Furry Gray Cat ..."
I enjoyed reading 'The Lost Prince' and I loved seeing Megan, Ash, Puck and Grimalkin again. 
Note: you don't need to have read the Iron Fey series to read this one. There's enough explanatory exposition back history and to make it.
  

“I can’t stop it. I can’t stop Them from following me. If it was just me that the fey picked on, I’d be okay with that. But someone else always pays for my Sight. Someone else always gets hurt instead of me.” Tearing my gaze from hers, I looked out over the fields. “I’d rather be alone,” I muttered, “then to have to watch that again.” 


Do you remember how 'The Iron Fey' series started? Yes , with the Kidnapping of a cute little 4yrs old boy, by a monster in his closet (of all the things), Taken to a very strange place of talking Iron, Kept in a cage and poked & prodded. That Little boy lived a nightmare. He was Indeed saved by his elder sister Meghan Chase, but she left him and his family to be the queen of the iron world. Un-hun, We are indeed talking about Ethan Chase, now no more a cute-little boy but grown boy and not to mention Hot (You see the cover...That's HIM) 
“Tough guy, if brooding was a sport, you'd have gold medals with scowling faces lining the walls of your room.”
Ethan is portrayed as a teenager who does not fit in very well in school and society, his past incident has obviously definitely changed his perspective towards the world. Made him Broody, Rebellious, bitter and disrespectful in some ways. We can't really blame him, or judge him for This. Though with the story his attitude changes and he is much more pleasant.
MacKenzie St James aka Kenzie, she is Ethan's classmate in his new school.  She is an aspiring journalist, beautiful and wants to see the world. She is strong, takes charge and lives her life to the fullest. Her character started real good but sometimes She seems nosy. She is obstinate and there is no way through her. But she got real points by the end for the reason she was behaving the way the was. Though there were hints here and there through the story but when she actually confessed it, It was like a punch.*Sniff* (You'll know what I am talking about when you read it.) 
Keirran, son of Ash and Meghan, and is the prince in the Iron Court. Being the son of Ash (whom I am totally obsessed with), I had high expectations from him, And he is wonderful, there is little spark in his character and little charm. He is supposed to be a powerful fey as he wielded the glamours of all courts. He could use winter glamour like his father, and could use summer glamour and iron glamour just like his mother. And because of the human blood that he got from. Meghan, he is also immune to iron. but he somewhat got boring by the by the end (That's the sad part). His love Interest, exiled Summer fey is beautiful, but I don't see why Keirran fell in love with her. Actually she wasn't much there in the story so I am looking forward to read more about her in the next installment.
“Care to join me, Goodfellow?”
“Oh, ice-boy. A moonlight stroll with you? Do you even have to ask?”  
Yes I missed Ash and Puck and this book bought all those memories back.
 The story line is good though, I like another trip to Nevernever and Thanks to Julie Kagawa for bring Ethan Chase to life again and giving us Yet another adventure. The Queen of the  Forgotten is another mystery, And what went between her and Keirran is again a mystery. I hope the next installment is gripping like the The Iron fey series.. As the next Installment is titled "The Traitor Son" so of course it is going to highlight more of Keirran. I really hope that it's not his bad discussion which will make him a traitor...
4 hot coffee cups!!!

Don't you just love this cover!!!


7 comments:

  1. A friend sent me your blog because she knows that I enjoy reading teen lit. Have you read anything by Kelley Armstrong, a writer from Ontario in Canada? She has two series that you might enjoy.
    THE DARKEST POWERS - The Summoning
    - The Awakening
    - The Reckoning
    DARKNESS RISING TRILOGY - The Gathering
    - The Calling
    - The Rising (to be released soon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a book from the Darkest Powers Trilogy and I loved it. I highly recommend it.

      Delete
  2. Where do you get all the time to rea all these books ankita! I wish i had more time to read!

    Sita xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetheart! =D Wonderful reivew!
    Im glad there was an explanation for Kenzie to behave the way she does. @_@ I stopped reading this novel because she got on my nerves UGH! But Im going to pick it up after reading your review :)
    I LOVE the UK so badly and I regret purchasing the US edition sniff. If I knew the UK cover was THAT gorgeous, I would have waitind and get that one sniff. Anyways, awesome review ANkita and Im so happy to see you on the blogosphere!!

    Happy reading ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great review, Ankita! I'm so totally looking forward to The Iron fey series. I've only heard good stuff about it and I hope to get to them soon! I'm glad you liked the book!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I nominated you for a liebster award. Check it out at http://www.ifeelsounnecessary.com/2013/01/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow~! I feel like I'm late for the party because I also nominated you for the Liebster Award...Lookie here: http://adventuresoflifeandliterature.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete

~ COFFEE @ BOOK WORLD~

Your Travel Guide

I also scribble on:

Make a change
My other blog where I pen down short stories, Poems, articles and Random stuff...

Total Pageviews

Rating System◕‿◕

5 coffee cups- Loved it absolutely.
4 coffee cups- Liked it a lot.
3 coffee cups- Liked it.
2 coffee cups- Okay
(plus, minus).5- You are smart enough to deduce yourself :).
* STARBUCKS coffee cup- In love with it. Abso-freaking-lutely.
DISCLAIMER- If you don't like coffee, change it with your fav. drink.

Blog Archive

Wonderful Followers

Linky Friends

Your precious words

❤ ☞

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Ankita has read 7 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Ankita has completed her goal of reading 150 books in 2012!
hide

Memberships

Twitter

Registered at ©

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Protection Tool

Popular Posts

About us

Popular Posts